1953 Four Sided Triangle

Four Sided Triangle – 1953

Exclusive Films presentation
Copyright 1952 by Exclusive Films Ltd. 
All characters in this photoplay are fictitious and bear no resemblance to any real person, living or dead 
RCA Sound System 
Produced at Exclusive Studios, Bray

Black & White 81 minutes


Bill and Robin, helped by their childhood friend, Lena, develop a “reproducer” which can exactly duplicate any object. Bill, crushed when Lena marries Robin, convinces her to allow him to duplicate her, so that he may have a copy of her for himself. The experiment, at first deemed a success, seems to have worked only too well as the duplicate, Helen, is such an exact copy that she also loves Robin, not Bill. Bill hopes to rectify the situation with another radical experiment.


Art Director
Dialogue Director
Sound Recordist
Production Manager
Assistant Director
Hair Stylist
Wedding scene dressed by
Model Gowns by
Camera Operator
Director of Photography
Music Composed by
Played by
Conducted by
Screenplay by
Adaptation by
Based on the novel by
Produced by
Directed by

J. Elder Wills
Maurice Rootes
Nora Roberts
Bill Slater
Victor Wark
Bill Shore
Renee Glynne
D. Bonnor-Moris
Nina Broe
Young’s Dress Hire Ltd, London W1
Jane Ironside
Len Harris
Reginald Wyer
Malcolm Arnold
The Royal PhilarmonicvOrchestra
Muir Mathieson
Paul Tabori and Terence Fisher
Paul Tabori
William F Temple
Michael Carreras and Alexander Paal
Terence Fisher


Dr. Harvey
Sir Walter
Lena as a Child
Bill as a Child
Robin as a Child
Lord Grant
Lady Grant

Barbara Payton
James Hayter
Stephen Murray
John van Eyssen
Percy Marmont
Jennifer Dearman
Glyn Dearman
Sean Barrett
Kynaston reeves
John Stuart
Edith Saville


The film dealt with the moral and scientific themes (not to mention “mad lab” scenes) that were soon to put Hammer Films on the map with the same director’s “The Curse of Frankenstein” (1957). Four Sided Triangle has most in common with Fisher’s “Frankenstein Created Woman” (1967).
James Hayter (Dr. Harvey) and Stephen Murray (Bill) died only four days apart: on March 27, 1983 and March 31, 1983 respectively.

Details were complied viewing the actual film. 
Source of viewing copy – The Hammer Graveyard Collection